Joined: 06 Sep 2007
|Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:41 pm Post subject: FAQ ID 1017: How do I create a size filter on the filters panel?
|Question: How do I create a size filter on the filters panel?
Download project file: FAQ ID 1017
Download data-file: Phone Data
Answer: Create a new attribute map which accounts for the names of the colors from which the user can choose (Tools > Attributes – Create map of…). Next a filter needs to be added (Tools – Filters). This filter only needs to update the size.
A. Create a new map which holds the levels
- Goto the Attribute screen (Tools > Attributes or CTRL + SHIFT + A);
- Right click an attribute and select ‘Create map of…’; (it does not matter which one as long as it is a text attribute)
- Choose ‘Empty’;
- Choose a display name and an internal name;
- Right click in the value screen and choose add category > value categorie;
- Type the name of the category and the value of the category (vb. Tarief, Rubriek & Naam);
- Repeat the previous two steps until each category from which the user can choose is added.
A map which holds all the color values for the filter is created
B. Create a filter
- Goto the Filter screen (Tools > Filters or CTRL + SHFT + F);
- Add a filter via Add – Combobox;
- Choose a display name and a filter name;
- Select the attribute which holds the values of the levels (Map_Size);
- Under ‘Update’ check the box in front of ‘Size’;
A new size filter is created